Saturday, September 19, 2020

 Good morning and Happy Saturday. We are home from our vacation and today we unpack suitcases and put stuff away. It was a wonderful vacation, full of love and laughter and hugs and visiting. You know, the kind of stuff that families tat love one another do. It is good to be back home and in our own bed again though. I will say though that the bed at the beach house was very comfortable. In fact the whole place was nice and he family all enjoyed it. 

Amanda’s boyfriend brought along his pontoon boat and I got to go fishing in the Emerald Isle sound three days in a row. I only caught one real keeper but had a wonderful time. Her boyfriend, Bryan, took really good care of me on that boat and made sure I had a good time. Bryan lost his grandpa a year ago and he spoiled me in his stead. 

We left Thursday morning and headed back home. It rained on us, really hard at times, all the way from the North Carolina coast to the mountains on the west end of the state. I had prayed that we would have too bad of rain as we traveled through the mountains and God answered that prayer in our favor. The rain really slacked off until we go to TN and then it picked up again, although not as bad, We got west of Newport and eventually the rain stopped. So, we just kept on driving and got as far as Corbin, KY. We stopped at a Comfort Inn at Corbin, the same one we stayed at on the first nigh of our trip. Yesterday we only had about five hours to drive to get home. Our round trip was 1800 miles. 

Today I have to fill all of my bird feeders for sure. Everything out there is empty. It is another beautiful day. It’s kind of hard to realize that south of us a hurricane is ravaging the country. That was part of the reaso for all of the rain that we had Thursday in North Carolina. And out in California wildfires are so bad that the smoke has actually reached us here in Indiana. I can’t imagine what it would be like to try to breathe out there. 

Tomorrow of course, life goes back to normal routine and I’m back to work. I have the service all ready to go. I might run up to the churches today and get the pulpits set up etc. We also need to make a mini-grocery run, so there is a lot to accomplish today. Ms. Kate is still operating on east-coast time and was up at 0630 today. I stayed in bed until 0730 and have been out here in the sunporch since. (Another part of returning to routine life)

I reckon I better get started on my list of tings I need to do so I will drop off. It’s good to be back with you. Have a blessed day. 









No comments:

Post a Comment