Thursday, September 24, 2020

 A few cardinals, a few more finches and sparrows are my guests this morning at the Backyard Buffet. I can see a squirrel or two off in the neighbor’s trees that are slowly making their way this direction.   My sunporch windows face west and south but a lot of times my squirrels come from the east and gallop across my roof. I get a lot of noise on my sunporch roof as they play up there chasing one another back and forth. Some times it sounds like a football game going on up there and I’ll see two or three of them coming down the willow tree next to the sunporch. It’s great entertainment and a blessing to watch. 

It’s hard to believe that a week ago this morning I was hugging Lisa and her family good bye as we all went our separate ways and back home. Ms. Kate and I had a two day drive and they all had about an hour and a half drive. But, praise God, we all made it home safely and are looking forward to our next visit. We don’t know if tat will be in December, when Matt graduates or next June when all of the family gets together for our next family reunion. 

My sidewalk is a little damp this morning. At some point during the night I did hear it raining, and it was a very gentle rain. Obviously it didn’t rain much because the ground is still brown and dusty. As i said yesterday, we could use the rain. 

We never went to the churches yesterday. Ms. Kate wasn’t feeling very well so we stayed home. We had a load of laundry to do and Ms. Kate made a pot of turkey-noodle soup. A great “fall thing” to do. 

That’s about it for today. I have stuff to get done. I hope you have a wonderful day. Let God hear from you today. 









No comments:

Post a Comment