Saturday, September 12, 2020

 Good morning on a cloudy Saturday morning. It rained pretty hard here for awhile last evening and night. I expect we will see a few periods of rain yet again today. We are packing stuff up at Lisa's house and getting ready to head southeast to the coast. I have checked the weather for there and we'll be having rain on and off for a couple of days but hopefully nothing too drastic. 

This morning, Lisa and Gary are headed to the shop to take care of a couple of things and then over to his mother's house to take care of her by bringing her breakfast and checking up on her. It is a Saturday routine thing. After that they will come back here and we'll pack the cars and then slowly meander our way to the coast. We have to go by a sports store and Gary, Matt, and I need to get our "5-day" coastal fishing license. Amanda's sweetheart is taking us fishing and I can hardly wait. I think we'll be fishing for flounder. I know Brian, (Amanda's boyfriend) catches some nice fish of all  kinds and so does Amanda. Brian is in a fishing tournament this morning. I'm not sure what kind of fish they are after today. But he has been a professional for a lot of years. He just won a tournament last weekend and picked up a $3,000.00 prize. That will buy a lot of bait and hooks. I haven't fished for flounder since the early eighties and Brian will have to show me what to do, or maybe Amanda will show me. I just know they are "bottom feeders" and you got to pretty much dangle the hook in front of their nose. I've never caught one. When we were fishing in Massachusetts, we generally caught cod and haddock. Haddock was considered the prize fish. Occasionally we would catch a "wolf fish" or "monk fish". They are some ugly critter and if you get your hand close to their mouth while removing a hook, they can bite a finger off. 

I went to Seymour Johnson Air Force Base yesterday to get my hair cut. We haven't been on a base in years so it was a good feeling to drive up to the gate to have my ID checked and have the young Airman say "Good Afternoon Colonel", and give me a great salute. We went over to the Base Exchange (BX) and I got my hair cut with proper military style and then we walked around and shopped for a bit. But, I told the kids that I got enough "military fix" to last me for awhile. 

That's it for today. Tomorrow is Sunday and I'll watch Pastor Brian give the sermon at St. Lucas on the computer. Great news, Our audio/visual contractor got the two 75" television screens put up yesterday. I don't know how much else they got installed. Good things are happening at the churchyard!  Have a blessed day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment