Wednesday, September 9, 2020

 Hi y'all, This is going to be short but I wanted to just let you know that our trip is going well. We left home yesterday morning and stopped by Julie's house over in New Albany, IN. We had to drop off something to her and pick something up from her. From there we headed on to Corbin, KY where we had reserved a room for the night. We stayed in a place that we have stayed before. The hotel sits next to a Cracker Barrel restaurant but we decided to eat some of the stuff we had brought along.

We took off this morning at 0900 and headed out to Statesville to our reserved room tonight. Along the way we got hungry and we decided to have lunch the "old style vacationer" way. We pulled into a Cracker Barrel parking lot and pulled up under a tree and sat there and ate our ring bologna and crackers lunch with potato chips and soft drinks. I can't begin to imagine how many times as a kid that my folks would pull over to the side of the road and we'd have a picnic lunch along the way on out vacations. Back then there would be little park like pull offs with picnic tables and sometimes an outhouse toilet. There was no such thing as "fast food" although I can very well remember the first McDonalds I ever went to. It was in Rapid City SD. 

So tonight we ordered pizza delivered from Marco's. It may well be one of the better pizzas I have had. Our hotel was not where we thought it would be, ie on I-40. Of course, as always, Statesville I-40 is hosed with road construction. We looked for our hotel and could not find it. Ten miles past Statesville, we came to a place to turn around and I stopped and called the hotel. Come to find out, it is off of I-77. So we backtracked and found the hotel. As we pulled in to the hotel, we realized thamt had obviously made that mistake before because we have stayed in this hotel before. LOL. Oh well, --- we're on vacation. Who cares. 

That's it for tonight. Maybe I'll get to this again tomorrow, but maybe I'll be too busy hugging necks. Peace my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment