Sunday, September 13, 2020

 Good morning from Emerald Isle, NC. I’m up early this morning for no other reason than to watch the sun come up over the sea horizon. Unfortunately, while the sun will come up, the cloud layer is thick enough to prevent any beautiful display of color. But, ya’ know, that is okay with me. It is sufficient to know that the sun still is coming up and God has given us yet another day with which to make something good happen. 

We arrived here at 1600 yesterday, unpacked the car and settled in. I spent at least two hours last evening just sitting out on a deck at is by the beach and watched the repetitive motion of the waves hitting the beach and listening to the beach sounds of the sand pipers and sea gulls and pelicans. This is exactly what I came to see and hear and experience. It is a moment in time that a person stores in their memory for when life gets overwhelming, and you can exhale and draw upon store memories to relax and gain composure. God gives us those moments.

Our vacation has been fantastic so far. It has been so great to visit with the family. I think we all really needed this. I is worth every penny I paid to rent this place. Yesterday, Ms. Kate and me and Lisa, Gary and Matt came down. Today Amanda, Brian and “Bug” (Caden) , Brian’s son, will arrive. It will get a bit more noisy with a ten year old boy in the house. And Amanda is a constant ball of energy and joy and laughter and love. I think she is 24 now, or maybe 23. It is hard to keep up with them and it seems impossible to  believe that all of our grandchildren are certainly not children anymore. Two of my grandkids are living with their significant others and are not married to them. Whether or I not I approve, is not relevant I guess, it is what it is for young people these days. And while their significant others come with a child or children, they still can’t be considered our great-grandchildren. It’s all new family dynamics and no, I do not approve. But, I love my family, and their family, so we take the package deal for what it is worth. 

The sky is beginning to lighten up and the clouds are going away so what. It is going to be a great day. Have a great Sunday. Take time to give God praise. I’ve already “been to church” today by simply sitting out by the beach and communicating with the marvelous God that crated all that I could see. Blessings. 





No comments:

Post a Comment