Saturday, August 8, 2020

 Good afternoon. I’m just jotting a quick Saturday afternoon post because it is almost nap time in the Sunporch. We just got home from have our first “in-restaurant” dining experience since all of the COVID stuff started. We met Brenda and Andy and Bob out at St. Joe Inn for lunch and ‘schrooms and beer”. It was so wonderful to do something totally normal for a change. You know we used to do this every five or six weeks an have for several years. So, we have really missed it. 

Yesterday we did the laundry and then we went to the churches and we ran three weeks worth of bulletins. Now I don’t have to worry about rushing home after our vacation to run the bulletins, although I still have the sermon to write and the Pastoral Prayer. But I have a few days to get that done. 

We closed the house back up today. We have had the A/C turned off all week and opened up the house to just screens. But, the temperature is climbing again and the humidity is also climbing back up. So, before it gets miserable in here, I turned the a/c back on and sit the house up again. Boy, I remember the days when we didn’t have air conditioning and had nothing but a box window fan. It was so very miserable. I know there are millions of people today that don’t have a/c and I feel for them. 

That’s enough for today. I hope that your weekend is an enjoyable one. Take time out for the Lord of the Creation and provider of all your blessings. Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment