Tuesday, August 25, 2020

 Welcome to another warm and sunny morning. The bird feeders are full but I’m not getting a lot of attention right now. A couple of small Downy Woodpeckers have been by but that is about all. From the level of feed I see in the feeders though, I’d say they were here before I got out of bed while it was still cool. 

Ms. Kate and I each have separate places to be this morning. I have an appointment to take my Prius in for service this morning at 1000 hrs and she has a haircut appointment at 1030. Once I’m done with mine, I need to go by the Cadillac dealer and have them put a new battery in Ms. Kate’s car key. Then I need to go to the grocery and pick up a few things. We did the laundry yesterday and used the last of our laundry soap pods and I need to pick up some coffee grounds. Back before COVID I had gotten a good deal on coffee and bought several large cans. Well, I put the last of the grounds in my coffee canister two days ago and that’s like putting the last bullet in your gun and facing a war party. No bueno!!!

We’ve been busy since we returned from vacation. Saturday afternoon I got a Call from a funeral home director asking me if I was available to do a funeral on Sunday morning. A man that I have known most of my life passed away and the family wanted me to do a short prayer service for them before his cremation. I explained that I was preaching at two churches on Sunday morning but that I could do it Sunday afternoon. So, we settles down on 1400 hrs on Sunday. I’m also in the process of putting together worship services and sermons for the first three weeks of September. We are going to be on vacation over the 13th of September which means that I have a service and sermon to prepare for the 6th and 20th, and a service only for the guest pastor for the 13th. I’ve spent the last couple of days working on those and so far, I have the services all planned and I’ve started on the sermon for the 6th. It just all takes time. 

Time to finish my cup of coffee and get ready to head out. I hope you have a blessed day and a blessed week.  Peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment