Thursday, August 6, 2020

Good morning on this beautiful Thursday morning. God has indeed blessed us with another beautiful morning. It is cool, especially for August, no rain for a change again, a slight breeze blows the leaves and comes through the screen doors, and I have a lot of gusts at the backyard buffet. Oh, an the coffee is marvelous.  What more could I ask for? 

I got my big job done yesterday that I have been putting off. I cleaned up the west fence line flowerbed. It was mostly an all day job and today I’m stiff and sore. Ms. Kate just brought me some Ibuprophen to help ease out the kinks. I filled three of my 40# sunflower seed sacks with as much as I could stuff in them with the weeds and saplings and vines that I took out of that bed. This morning it looks beautiful to see the sun shining on that white picket fence for the first time in months. I also got into what we call the “Dog Bone” (because that is how it is shaped) flowerbed and cut out a lot of saplings from there. While I was doing that, Ms. Kate was out there hoeing out weeds from that bed. So, after mowing the lawn and all of that work, the place looks loved this morning. 

Today is going to be a day of running around. I need to go to the bank first thing and deposit some checks. Then I need to go to PC Quest and pick up my PC now that it has been repaired. Then we go to AAA and pick up a couple of maps and information for our trip next week. Can you believe they still make paper maps? But GPS is once but there are places where it isn’t always reliable, and where we are going next week we are told it isn’t very reliable. We are going just a little north in Indiana to a little town called Nashville, and are staying in a cabin for three night. Then we are going to western Indiana where they have a lot of covered bridges. None of it is more than three hours from home, but it will be good to get away. 

After we go to AAA then we need to go to the church’s and run the bulletins for the next couple of weeks. So this will be a run around day. And, — I guess I better get cleaned up and ready to start the day. I hope your day is filled with good stuff. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment