Wednesday, August 5, 2020

A Blessed Wednesday morning to you. I’m sitting here with my coffee and have the sunporch opened up with screen doors because it is that pleasant outside. It is a wonderful 63 degrees with just the slightest hint of a breeze. The sun is shining bright bright, not a cloud in the sky, and the Backyard Buffet has several guests. Most notably are the cardinals with their brilliant red glistening in the sunlight. 

This would be a beautiful day to go out and work in my west-most flowerbed. I need to go out and cut out all of the darn trees out of it. I have so many redbud saplings in my flowerbeds and this would be a cool enough day to work on that. If I let them go and grow, I would have a full woods line along the west side of my yard. It’s hard to believe that people actually pay for redbud trees because they grow like weeds in my yard. 

We had a busy day yesterday. A friend of ours brought us a full, five-dozen bushel of corn Sunday evening and we needed to work that up and put it in the freezer, So, first thing after our coffee, we shucked, and cooked, and cut all of that off of the cob and it turned into fourteen quarts of corn for some excellent eating during the year. That makes I think about thirty quarts that we have put in the freezer. Then we still had a few peaches left from making the three peach pies last Saturday, so I peeled those and sliced them and put five more half pints of peaches in the freezer. We talked about just peeling and slicing them and putting them in the refrigerator to have over ice cream, but we still have pie left and there was enough to put up. More good eating for later. We have probably put away thirty of those too. 

I also need to go to the churches and run the bulletins. I have two weeks worth to run since I will be on vacation over the 16th and we will have a guest pastor. I don’t know the person that is filling in for me but I understand that he has done so during the three years I was at Zoar. I have contacted him and I understand that we met many years ago when we were both attending classes at Eden Seminary. . All I care is that he does a good job. He has a Masters of Divinity degree and he also has a Doctorates in Pharmacy. He is the Pharmacist at the Newburgh Walmart. 

That is it for today my friends. Have a most blessed day. Peace. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment