Wednesday, August 26, 2020

 Good morning on a warm and sultry Wednesday. The “feels like” is already 87 degrees going up to 97 and the humidity is officially in the “muggy” range. That’s a yucky way to start a morning. My backyard guests have come and gone and left a couple of the feeders empty. I have one goldfinch and one cardinal out there but that is it. 

So yesterday became interesting rather quickly. I had an appointment at 10:00 to have my Prius serviced and Ms. Kate had a hair appointment at 10:30 as I told you. I got to my dealership and was sitting in the waiting room when Ms. Kate called me. She said her Caddy was doing all kinds of weird things and would not start. So she called her beautician, Ann, and told her that she would have to reschedule. Well, Ann told her that she didn’t have Kate on her schedule at all and also that they had moved their beauty shop because someone had driven a car into their place. Kate told her that she had her appointment card saying that her appointment waS for 10:30. I guess Ann had written out her appointment card but forgot to put it in the book. Anyway, they rescheduled the appointment and Ann told her where the new place is. 

I finished up my appointment, stopped and picked up the groceries on my list, and came home. The battery in the Caddy was dead or on its last breath. I put my charger on it and I called my Cadillac Roadside assistance. They contacted our local dealer and sent a technician right out. He put his portable charger on it and it started right up. In the meantime, I had talked to my normal service manager at the Cadillac dealership and he told me to bring the car in as soon as they get it started and they put a new battery in for us. So, we drove it to the dealership and $248.00 later Ms. Kate was up and running. That was the original battery in the car so we got five good years of use out of it. But, we didn’t get much else accomplished yesterday

Today I need to call in an order to Wild Birds and go pick it up. The pantry is empty again. I made a list of things I need from them and I also still need to go to Pet Foods and get 80# of sunflower seed. I also decided that I won’t go to the church today to run the bulletins. We have a funeral to attend tomorrow and we’ll go after that up to Ft. Branch and do what I need to do. Today, I want to do some writing. So, barring any interruptions, maybe I can stick to a plan today. 

How about you stick to the plan of having a blessed day. I’m sure you didn’t get out of bed today hoping the day would suck, so get on it. Have a blessed day! Peace. 




No comments:

Post a Comment