Monday, August 10, 2020

 Happy New Week. It is bright and sunny this morning although the sidewalks are wet which says it rained at some point during the night. It is currently 80 degrees and going to 90 and as a young weather reporter used to say; “The Muggies: are back. We are looking at a eek of very humid weather; yuk!

How was your weekend? We had church services of course yesterday. I don’t know what all was gong on but we only nine folks at my small church. I know that there were some of them that were sick including our organist. I had no idea that she was going to be out until her daughter arrived at church. Bless her heart, she is having some real problems with her vision and can hardly see. She certainly doesn’t need that problem on top of everything else she has going on. Her stage four breast cancer is slowly spreading throughout her body and taking more and more toll on her. As far as the music os concerned, we aren’t singing now because of the stupid COVID directions and guidance, so we did the entire service without music up until the end. Then Ms. Kate asked if I would at least play something so we could have some music with the service. So, I sat down at the keyboard and the Benediction response that we always end the service with. 

We had a good attendance at the 1030 service at St. Lucas though. Some folks are still avoiding coming to church because they are either nervous about “catching COVID” or they don’t want to wear masks and social distance etc. And —- kids are going back to school this week so maybe some were out because they were away on a last minute family get together. I’ll accept that excuse. LOL

My first job of the day was to clean my new Blackstone griddle. When I “put it up” last time I let it cool, and then I put a double layer plastic bag over it to keep the rain off of it. When I got my cover for it, I put the cover right over the plastic bags. I checked on it today and some rust had formed on the griddle so I had to clean it up. I used wet paper towels and got most of the rust off. hen I went to aa Google site and watched a video of how to clean it. So, after twice putting oil and salt on it and scrubbing it down with that, and then doing aa very light coating of oil on it for a third time, I think it is ready to use.again. But, I thin I’m going to put an ice-chest over the top of it to totally keep any rain water off of it, that way it shouldn’t get any rust at all. Or, I’m going to simply pick the griddle part up off of th rest of iy and set the griddle inside the sunporch with me. That would probably be my best solution. 

Today, I have to get my sermon for the 23rd written so I can get it off of my mind and then enjoy my vacation. I hate it when I have things lingering. Now, having said that out loud —- I better get out of the recliner and get to work. Have a most wonderful week. Shalomn




No comments:

Post a Comment