Saturday, August 29, 2020

 Happy Saturday. We all made it to another weekend. The weeks just keep rolling along don’t they? Who would have thought that we would still be running around in masks and social distancing at this point in the year; certainly not me. I was disappointed when they were predicting July, and now were are looking up the skirt of September and apparently are no closer to a cure than before. 

The tropical depression from Hurricane Laura has passed through. Our rain amounts and wind were far less than expected. Today is supposed to be a pretty decent day. I may mow my back yard after while and I also will get out and fill bird feeders. I’m sure the garden will need picking again today too. I picked it on Thursday so by now there will be more to gather. I’m anxious to go see how my surprise watermelons are doing. I really hope they will be ready when we head to North Carolina and we can maybe take a couple along with us to the beach. That would be an extra blessing. I didn’t tell you that we had an avocado that we didn’t eat so I also planted that out there in that bed. Maybe nothing will happen, but I could end up with an avocado plant too. That would be a first.

Speaking of my raised bed. I should maybe start looking at Lowes or one of the big box stores to see if the fall garden sales have started. I need maybe twenty 2 cu ft bags of garden soil as well as some so posed manure, and some peat, and the lumber and blocks to build the new bed. I can’t put it in yet because the tomatoes are in the way, but I could go ahead and get the supplies and be ready. I’m going to put in a 4’ X 16’ bed this time. Come spring I’ll be ready to plant lettuce and stuff. If I get it done before the leaves fall, I can cover it with the leaves for mulch too. That is the plan anyway. Who really knows what the future will bring. My neighbor Dann said he heard that this winter is supposed to be one of the harshest we’ve seen. It makes sense; the rest of the year 2020 has been hosed, why wouldn’t the year end up that way. 

Ms. Kate just called me for breakfast. I’m out if here. Blessings. 



No comments:

Post a Comment