Thursday, August 13, 2020

 A blessed Thursday morning to you. I hope your day is sunny and bright and full of good things. If it isn’t, I hope that you can make the best out of whatever might be going on in your life today. There is always help, you know. Close your eyes and old out your hand, Jesus is waiting for an invitation into your life today. 

We have a partly cloudy morning and my Accuweather app says that “rain may form” in X number of minutes. Boy, how’s that for a forecaster’s wiggle? The sidewalks are damp this morning and despite the fact that it is only 77 degrees, the humidity number is at 73 which means the muggies are set in for the day. 

We are going to busy around here today. We’ve already got the laundry going. I just put the “white’s” in. We only have two loads and they are small, but we wanted to get it all done before we go on vacation, and we leave in the morning. You know, I don’t mind doing laundry at all because there is basically nothing to it these days. We don’t iron clothes, in fact I couldn’t tell you where our iron is. I know where the ironing board is though. We don’t have to hang the clothes out on a line and all of that. I started doin laundry at a very young age, helping my mother. We had thee old wringer-washer, and wash tubs in the basement. If it was raining, we had clothes lines hanging from the ceiling joists to hang the laundry on. On sunny days we would carry the laundry out to the back yard where we had four clothes lines strung between two “T” clothesline poles that Dad had made out of iron pipe. There was a couple of long 1X2” poles that had a “V” notched in the end to help hold the laundry up off of the ground. When the clothes were dry and we brought them in, they always smelled so good and fresh. The air was a lot cleaner in those days. So, like I said, doing laundry is nothing these days, especially with just Ms. Kate and I. Wash, dry, fold and hang. Simple.

We’ve got to pack the suitcases and the car today, and we are going to make a pot of vegetable soup to pack along for one of our meals. Ms. Kate also cooked up some hamburger with onions and okra last night for a dish that we like. We put that over rice and it is really good. I picked a lot of garden veggies yesterday. We have a lot of food considering we will only be in the cabin for three days. 

If the grass dries a little more, I guess I will also mow my front yard before we go. This has been a wet summer and we have yet to have that period where the grass dries out and doesn’t grow and you don’t have to mow for a couple of weeks. That could still happen, maybe in September, but, —- everything else about this year has been weird so why not weird weather too. 

I guess that is it for today. I know that my blogs are going to be sporadic for the next couple of days or week. Keep yourself safe and your mask on when you are out and about. Take time to stay in touch with God  Peace



No comments:

Post a Comment