Thursday, August 27, 2020

 A blessed Thursday morning to you. We are having a cloudy start to our day as is much of the country today. Hurricane Laura made landfall as a Category four hurricane last evening on the Texas/Louisiana border. Report so far are just a little positive as there have been no reports of lives lost, at least in the United States. I think I heard that there had been lives lost on one of the Caribbean Islands but I’m not sure which one. It is reported that also the expected storm surge wasn’t as bad as it could have been either. Of course the proper authorities are all going to be out in the storm today assessing the damage. So, the first thing we need to do is give thanks to God for al blessings received through this storm, and secondly we need to pray for continued safety for all of the people in the path of this storm. Remnants of it are going to be through our area by Friday evening. 

We went on a shopping spree yesterday for our Backyard Buffet guests. I can’t believe I spent $243.00 on bird feeding products yesterday and that didn’t include any sunflower seed, nor did I buy any feeders, just bird food. But, I got enough to last at least a month. I still need to pick up 80# of sunflower seed though. 

I finished my sermon for September 6th last night and I got started on my sermon for September 20th. That is a sermon that I have been anxious to get started on. I have my notes and may scripture passages lined up I think. I had to redo the bulletin for that Sunday because I changed titles and the message I want to do. I got inspired by a Kim Collingsworth song the other evening and started putting down some thoughts. I pray it will turn out as good as I want it to. 

Okay, gotta go. I have a funeral to attend this morning. Have a blessed day. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment