Friday, August 21, 2020

 Blessings on this warm and sunny morning. I’m sitting here watching a hummingbird as it buzzes in and about from the feeder to the phlox blooms and back again. Unfortunately the hummer is the only thing getting fed this morning. I think every feeder has been emptied. The hummingbird feeder was empty too yesterday when we got home because the squirrel has managed to get it open and all of the liquid was gone. So, today, I need to take stock of what food I have and fill feeders. Then I may need to call in an order from Wild Bird Unlimited and go by and pick it up. I think I also have to go by Pet Foods and get at least one 40# bag of sunflower seed. 

We got home from our vacation a little after noon yesterday. We got the car washed and all of the stuff out of it. It is ready for our next trip assuming we take that car. My little car would give us a lot better gas mileage. It will depend on how much crap we decide we need to take along on our trip. I think we need to talk to Lisa about that. She had said that they would take care of all of the food since we are paying for the beach one rental, but we still need to discuss it. But, we will probably end up taking the Prius. Actually, Ms. kate and I are discussing the possibility of selling the Cadillac. It just sits in the garage and we don’t drive it but every once in a while. I checked the Blue-Book value on it and we should be able to get around $17K for it because it is in pristine condition. We have just under 70K miles on it and it is a 2015. If we sold it, then we could put the Prius in the garage during the winter. The real problem is that she and I never have any luck selling anything. But it would save us insurance and excise tax on a car we seldom use. The same could be said about my truck which I drive even less. But when you need a truck, you need a truck. When I bought that truck I figured it would be my last one. It is a 2008 and I have less than 50K miles on it. I made sure I got one with 4WD when I bought one and yet, I think I have only put it in 4WD one time in the 12 years I have had it.  Just one of the silly things we think we have to have I reckon. I’ve kept it in pristine condition too. 

I have at least three sermons and four services that I need to get prepared in the next week and a half  so I can go on vacation again. Today, I’m heading downstairs to do some writing on next weeks sermon and service. I made a really brief start last night..

So, I guess I better sign off and think about getting busy. Have a wonderful Friday. Pray for your friends, pray for your enemies, and pray for our country and world. God likes hearing from you. Peace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment