Saturday, February 16, 2019

Sometimes you can just look out your window and instantly imagine how cold it must feel out there. This is one of those mornings. It is currently thirty degrees with a real feel of twenty two. The ground is blanketed with a thin layer of snow. Once again we were lucky and had “the storm thaat wasn’t”. The majority of the snow and ice storm shifted south of us. Our streets and sidewalks are dry. There is enough snow on the grass to leave tracks in, but barely. I consider it a blessing and willsay “Thank you God”.

Since I just blogged fifteen hours ago I really don’t have a lot new to say. The Backyard Buffet is bustling this morning with birds. I could almost use an air traffic controller. The majority of my guests this morning are Cardinals. But I also have several sparrows and finches and a couple of varieties of woodpeckers. I filled everything yesterday except the bark butter paste feeders. I have four of those. A lot of people take that paste and smear it on the side of trees for the woodpeckers. I know if I did that the squirrels would just set there and clean it off. So I bought these pieces of log with inche and a quarter holes drilled into them and I fill those holes with the paste. It works really well. Some guy is probably living on his fortune that he made buy patenting a home made product. How come I never think of things like that? I mean, it’s a fifteen inch long log by two and a half inch thick with holes drilled in it and a screw hook in the end of it. And I was silly enough to pay probably $15.00 or $20.00 for each of them.

Tomorrow is Sunday and Pastor Art is preaching this week. However, I am going to do the children’s sermon for a change. The kids will get to meet my invisible dog for the first time. I have one of those novelty leashes that has an empty harnes attached toit. . I used this at my last parish maybe fourteen years ago. There. Was the cutest little boy sitting there and as I was talking to them, he suddenly looked at me and said “your dig just went up thre” and pointed to the back of the chancel. I cracked up. I will never forget that. It was a priceless moment. That young boy has turned into a fine young man.

That’s it fortoday. I pray your weekend will be filled with joy and love. Take the time to go to your house of worship. If you don’t have one, please stop in one and see what it is all about. In the meantime, I bid you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment