Wednesday, February 20, 2019

“Where has he been”, I hope you are asking. Yes, it has been a few days and with good reason. On Saturday, I had asked my neighbor Dan to come over aand help me move my flat-screen TV upstairs and was going to put it in the bedrooom. Ms. Kate had ordered me a 65” TV to go down in my office/ TV area. Well, Dan came over and we started up the steps. There are 14 steps from from the basement to the first floor. Well, Dan was in front and lost his balance and started falling backwards. I od course tried to catch him and failed miserably. The result being; we both tumbled with tv backwards down the steps. I landed on the concrete with my hip & back hitting they concrete and my head hitting a bookcase. Dan and TV both landed on me. I suffered a compression fracture of the L-2 lumbar and a torn Achilles Tendon.  I spent three days in the hospital and now am in Rehab therapy for two weeks to get me able to function at home. This was my first day of rehab and it was exhausting. I have an appointment on the 28th with the orthopedic folks to decide whether to do surgery on the tendon or to do a series of “progression castings” to let the tendon heal naturally. Either way, I have to remain off of it for six weeks. So, that is where I have been and where I’ll be for awhile.

God takes care of children and fools, I always said. But, since I am in this fix, I also have to give thanks to God for the fact that neither Dan nor I were hurt any worse. Either one of us could have been killed or paralyzed for life. How were weren’t can only be attributed to the protective hand of God. Secondly, I must give all praise to God for the skilled hands and hearts of my caregivers. They have all been great.

That’s it for me today. I don’t know how regularly I’ll be writing I the next couple of week. Hang n there with me and let’s walk this walk together. I promise II won’t pull you down any stairs. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment