Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Valentines Day. Here it is Thursday already and I haven’t written in a couple of days. But then, I have’t had any readers either so there it is. Welcome to. Cloudy, forty degree, and windy morning.

My Backyard Buffet has beeen full of birds and squirrels and the feeders are almost totally empty. I need to put on my boots and fill everything up again. I went to Wild Birds a couple of days ago and spent $101.46 on restocking my larder of supplies. I knew the feeders were getting low and my can was almost empty. The backyard though is sloppy because of all of the rain that we have been getting. Today is supposed to be mostly dry but windy and that will help dry things out But — tomorrow night we are again looking at more rain and maybe sleet and snow. Then again on Saturday night, more of the same and that is followed next week by even more rain. But, we are so very lucky that we aren’t having the winter storms that are still ravaging the upper part of the nation. Some parts are measuring their snow in feet instead of inches.

Well, the news on the pastoral search at the church is not good. It would appear that the primary candidate has dropped out and the committee is back to reading profiles. That means that Pastor Art and I are going to be there longer than we thought. He and I had planed our schedules out through Easter. Now, we are having to look further down the road for both the church and for us individually. We are going ahead with making vacation plans etc. I hate that the candidate fell through because the church is on year five of a search. It has to be depressing for the committee. We are a conservative church in a denomination that is pushing their churches to be much more liberal. Most of the candidates have fallen in line with the “new thinking”. But, God will send the right shepherd for the flock. IN the meantime, Art and I will keep the flock safe and well as best we are able. That is our charge.

Ms. Kate and I have alreaady celebrated our Valentine’s Day. We went out to dinner Tuesday night in order to beat the crowds at the restaurants tonight. So, while everyone else is searching for a place to eat, we will be home on our recliners watching television.

That’s it for today. Enjoy your day aand stopand give thanks for your blessings today. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I was beginning to wonder what was going on. I always look forward to reading your blog!

    April

    ReplyDelete