Saturday, February 9, 2019

Happy Saturday. It is twenty degrees out there this morning but the sky is so blue and clear that I think if you look hard enough, you can see all the way to heaven. Ms. kate and I are doing our Saturday morning “sit around”. She is in the family room watching Food network and I’m on the other side of the sliding glass door to the sunroom. We spend a lot of time like this. We are together at home all the time, yet, I’m in one room and she is in another and we may go three or four hours not seeing or talking to one another; — together but separate.

I filled the bird feeders yesterday afternoon. The Downey Woodpeckerss were literally landing on the freshly filled bark butter feeders as I hung them up. I have had a steady stream of guests at the Backyard Buffet all morning. Early, I had mostly small birds; wrens, finches, sparrows, chickadees, and downy woodpeckers. Then the Cardinals and the mockingbirds, and starlings came in for a bit or two. So far I haven’t had any squirrels down here but I see a couple of them sitting up in the Maple tree and the Tulip Poplar tree. As I write this, they are starting to come down the tree and make their way to the feeders. Once they get settled in they will be there a long time. That’s the way the starlings generally do. They will land and just stay there and stay there, fusssing and fighting and pecking at one another.

Nephew Kevin  brought us a couple of tickets to the Philharmonic for tonight. His boss had them and can’t make it so he gave them to Kevin who in turn gave them to us. I think the concert is called Legends of Country so it ought to be pretty good. Ms. Kate and I had season tickets to the Philharmonic for several years after I retired from the military. But. We just got tired of going and have not been  probably in about four years. It will be nice go again.

Tomorrow is my turn to preach again and I’m doing a sermon that is a bit more serious than some. It is a sermon that I have worked on for a while and is more “preacherly” than many that I do. I pray it will go over well. It is called “Slippery Slopes” and addresses how we have gotten away from our Bible teaching and have as a society accepted things as normal that God never intended.

Time for more coffee so I’ll drop off now. Have a great weekend and don’t forget to go to your house of worship. Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment