Sunday, February 24, 2019

Sunday evening, I’m sitting in a recliner in my hospital rehabilitation room, watching ”Worst Cooks in America.” I’ve been in and out of my wheelchair so many times today and I’m really tired by now.

My day started out at 0700 with a respiration therapist coming in to give me a breathing treatment. Having my eyes opened to a cheery therapist holding a plastic mask to put over your face. I wasn’t scheduled to have Physical Therapy todaay but was expecting Occupational Therapy this afternoon for forty five minutes.

My breakfast came and I tuned in to my daughter Lisa’s Live Streamed church service from North Carolins.It gave me a chance to worship with my daughter from two different states miles away. Then I showered and was about done when the nurse came in and asked if I would mind doing my OT in a few minutes. Well, needless to say, I didn’t have anything else on my platter so I agreed. OT went well and Ms. Kate arrived while I was doing my workout. After that we retuned to my quarters and just did whatever it is I do. I had’t ordered lunch yet so I ordered lunch for the both of us. I must compliment the dietary staff here at Deaconess. So far almost all of the food I have had has been delicious and today was no different. I really enjoyed having lunch with MMS.kate today; we spreadout the hospital tray and sat across from one another just like it was Applebee’s or something.Anything that can give us a some little sense of a normal life is a perfect thing.

Sister-in-law Kaaren came by and spent the day with us. And the day was relaxed. Only being in my recliner in my sunroom would have been much better.

A word of perspective: I look around at the other folks here and they are all in some state of life that they do not wish to be. I don’t know what brought them here or to what they will be returning. I know that this is going to be somewhat of a long hall for my recovery. But, I also know that I have people from all over the country praying for me, I have a family that is in contact with me multple times a day. Ms. Kate has been here hours on end and is going to great lengths to prepare the house for me when I do get home. Maybe others here have visiting loved ones too but I have not seen them. Bottom line is that I am completely loved and I know that no matter what form the final results ends up being; I have the power of God and love of Jesus Christ keeping me on track. Keep the faith my friends. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment