Monday, February 4, 2019

Good morning! It is a gloomy "spring-like day, Cloudy with mists of occasional rain and forty plus degrees. It is one of those morning s that were it later in thye season, I'd be looking for daffodils and or crocus out in the yard. But, while there are spring flowers coming out and up, they are a long way from having any blooms. That is just as well because I'm sure we are not close to being done with winter weather yet. In fact forecasts say that we could be having some freezing rain by the end of the week.  Welcome to the second half of winter in southern Indiana. But, I don't know if I tod you or not --- I went to Walmart and I bought the last "good" snow shovel they had in the store. I figured that maybe it would be my "defense against the dark art" called snow. If I buy it, it won't come.

We had seventy-nine in church yesterday which is really good. I just does my heart good to see the pews filling up and people standing round talking and fellowshipping. When I can stand at the door and wait for people to come by and shake hands and they don't because they are too busy laughing, and, talking and visiting with one another, that is a sign of a healthy church. I am so glad to see our church at that point. There have been many years that we didn't have that and the church was in turmoil and people were not coming.

When I get home today I need to fill my bird feeders again and carry the 80# of bird feed around from the garage/car out to the shed and put it in the cans. I think my arm is healed sufficiently that I shouldn't have to baby it anymore with my lifting restrictions. I suspect the ground will be a bit sloppy from thawing so I'll need to watch where I walk and probably put on my rubber boots. But my guests need to be fed. At least the temperture should be relatively pleasant so my teeth won't be chattering while I stand out there.

Yesterday was Super Bowl Sunday with the New England Patriots playing for their sixth National Title. They played the Los Angeles Rams. Depending on how you think about it the game was either really a good defensive game or it was a boring game. The final score was Patriots 13 / Rams 3. That makes a total of two football games that we watched this year. Many people will tell you that they watch the Super Bowl strictly for the commercials. Companies go all out and spend millions of dollars for a thirty second spot during the Super Bowl. I have no idea if they actually get their monies worth or not. I only saw two commercials that I thought were really entertaining and "watch-worthy".

I guess I'll sign off now. I have some scriptures to look up and cross-reference for a sermon. I pray your day and week will be full of God's blessings and I pray you will recognize them when they come in. Peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment