Monday, February 11, 2019

It is warmer this morning but the rain has not ceased. At least it is a gentle rain most of the time. This weather front is supposed to hang around until Tuesday afternoon. The area is under flood watch again as all of the rivers and streams will be over flowing their banks.

We didn't have church services yesterday. We woke up to freezing rain. My truck was frozen over with ice as were the bird feeders and the roads were hazardous. It was tricky to decide whether to call of church or not. While the roads were bad enough between 0600 and 0900 that they even closed the twin bridges between Indiana and Kentucky, by 0930 the temperature was above freezing and the freezing rain had changed to regular rain and streets and parking lots were melting. But better safe than sorry. I woulld have hated for one of our parishioners to have come to church and slipped on our parking lot.

Not having church made yesterday seem like a very long day. I literally had and extra four hours of time to fill and hardly knew what to do with it. Well, --- that's not entirely true, after the decision was made to not have church by 0730, I sat down in my recliner and snoozed for awhile. But, it did leave some extra time in the day to play with.

Thursday this week is Valentine's Day. I haven't yet got a clue as to what to do for Ms. Kate to celebrate. I'm a firm believer in celebrating things like Valentine's Day, anniversaries, and birthdays. It is my job and responsibility to do things that make my wife feel appreciated. I have know doubt that I sometimes take her for granted and that isn't the way to treat a relationship with anyone, let alone a spouse.

The back yard is again a sloppy mess. I'm glad that the bird feeders are still full. I'd hate to go slopping around out there. But, I'm looking forward to the springtime warm and dry days. I'm getting anxious to get out there and rake away the winter crap. I have a lot of twigs and branches down in the back yard that I need to clean up. I have at least one day that I need to dedicate to doing just that. I did go out on Saturday and start up the John Deere that sits out back. I wanted to make sure the battery had not died over the winter. I was surprised that it started right up. I sat on it for maybe five minutes and let it warm up and recharge the battery.

Tonight is the church council meeting so I'll need to come back to the church again tonight. Tomorrow morning is the local Clergy Circle. That will take up most of my morning so I may not get to write. I know I can do it in the afternoon but ---- well, we'll see what happens. Who knows, something dynamic could happen and I'd want to share it with you. Nothing dynamic has happened at one of these meeting in the last fifteen years, --- but it could happen. LOL

That's it for today. I have another hour here at the office and I brought along my next three sermons to go over this morning. As always I pray your day is blessed and you feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. Peace my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment