Friday, February 8, 2019

Good morning on this bright, blue, cold morning. It is brrr cold out there and isn’t going to warm up any to speak of either. We were supposed to go to lunch today with Bob and Brenda form shrooms and beer. But Bob, who is 87 decided it was a bit too cold for him and I don’t blame him one bit. As I told his daughter Brenda, we’ll go when the daffodils aren’t shivering. I know Ms. Kate doesn’t want to get out in this weather either. We have a prediction thatait might even bring a little snow again by Sunday although the predicted amounts are somewhere between “a trace & a dusting.”

So what to do with my time today. Ms. Kate and I have been talking about going and getting a pedicure again. But that of course requires going out so I reckon we’ll see what she has to say about that. She generally likes to walk out of there in flip flops  because her toe nails are freshly painted; and I don’t think that would be in the cards on a 24 degree day. I know I absolutely have to get my bird feeders filled today. Everything is empty. I could have done it when it was warmer but it has been pouring rain and the yard was sloppy beyond use. So, I’ll bundle up and do it today.  The ground should be frozen over today.

My daffodils are up about three and a half inches and that makes me anxious for spring and warm weather. How they don’t just freeze is God’s own mystery. (Tell me again about the Big Bang that started this planet.) But they winter over very well. I haven’t checked  for crocuses yet and I know we don’t have very many left. I never got my flowerbeds cleaned off last fall so they really look a mess. But it is time for me to quit being lazy and do some serious work. I keep telling myself that and then I don’t do it. I’m like a kid being told to clean up his room; the job has gotten overwhelming now. I keep delaying it because I go out there and work and have to stop so often because I have let myself get out of shape.  Got to change that this year.

Despite the lack of food out there, I have several cardinals today. That’s because they know that there is a lot of food on the ground. These guys sure are wasteful and sloppy with their eating habits. But the advantage is that when I don’t fill feeders right away, there is always plenty of seeed on the ground for them.

That’s about it for today. May your day be as bright as the sunshine and may your day be filled with the warmth of the Holy Spirit. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment