Saturday, February 2, 2019

What would you call a morning like we are having? It is twenty seven degrees aand certainly cloud covered. But, I guess one could say it is also “foggy” although the visibility is pretty good at least from my recliner. My daughter Julie said it is super foggy over in New Albany which is 125 miles north east  of us.  I think it is supposed to get into the upper forties and lower fifties today. The warm-up will be great.

Happy Saturday! Welcome to the end of the week, first weekend of February. There are only twelve days until Valentine’s Day. I need to be thinking about what I’m going to do for my forever Valentine, Ms. Kate. And I also need to be thinking about what I am going to do for Ms. Kate for our fifty-third anniversary which is the twenty-sixth of February. I haven’t looked but, I think both dates are “mid-week”. One of the problems of getting up into your senior years and having been married for fifty-three years is that there aren’t a a lot of new surprises that we haven’t already done. If it is very cold she isn’t going to want to get out of the house and we won’t know that until a couple of days earlier. I’ve bought her all of the variations of jewelry she will ever want. I buy her flowers fairly routinely, and we go out to eat once or twice a week. She makes greeting cards that are better than anything I could buy —- so what to do? What to do indeed!

I have mostly the small birds at the the feeders this morning. The starling and the Mockingbird were both here fighting over a feeder but they have gone. Right now it is the finches, sparrows, and wrens that are here. I can see a couple of cardinals though up high in the neighbors tree. They will be here shortly. They start out over there and survey the scene for safety before they come in. Then they fly down not the firebushes at the edge of the property before they move in on the feeders. I do hve one squirrel that has decided to join us.

Are you going to watch the Super Bowl tomorrow? I guess we will since New England is playing. I’d like to see NE win again just to keep all of the haters whining. I don’t understand why so many people claim to hate that team. They win because they play extremely well as a team. Our society has gotten to where people don’t want to ever see others succeed. It’s just crazy.

Super Bowl or not, don’t forget to start your day off taking time to attend church and giving thanks for God getting you through another week. It is the least you could do. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment