Tuesday, May 29, 2018

You do realize, don’t you, that I am going to be a day late most of the week. That is because we had a holiday yesterday and therefore my brain will tell me all day that today is Monday when it is actually Tuesday. It happens every time we hve a three day weekend. So I guess that means I need to concentrate this week instead of running on automatic.

It is a rainy morning and it has been raining on and off for awhile. I got up at 0530 for a necessary trip and it was raining then and it is supposed to rain quite a bit through tomorrow. Tropical Depression “Alberto” has moved up from the Gulf of Mexico very slowly and is sharing needed moisture with us. I hope we don’t get too much rain but I did have to go our and water the garden yesterday. It had not rained since I planted the okra, zinnias and coleus so maybe now it will get a good start. My tomatoes were looking a little spindly too so this will be good for them. God does a much better job of watering stuff than I do. My next door neighbors to the north are in Panama City, Florida where this Alberto came ashore as a tropical storm. It hasn’t made for a very pleasant vacation for them.

Ms. Kate has an appointment this morning at the beauty shop to get her hair cut. After that we may both go to get pedicures; we both need them. It sucks being in a condition. that we have gotten to the point where we can’t bend over and reach our toe nails and stay there long enough to cut them, but life is what it is. Other than that, I have a sermon to work on today. The liturgical reading for the day is a tough one and I’m not connecting to it mentally yet. So this will be an afternoon of head scratching to make the brain flow. Some scriptures are so easy to absorb and draw lessons from while others really leave you wondering. That’s the ones that I have to pray about and ask for clarification from the “author”.

Tomorrow morning I have electricians coming to replace all of the overhead light panels in my basement. I’ve had to be working in the dark down there for several weeks. It will be nice to be able to have my basement and office lit up once again. The fluorescent lights that are down there are probably at least twenty-five years old and they flicker and are a yellowish tinge. They don’t sell the replacement bulbs for them anymore because they are so energy inefficient. I’m having LED panel put in which are super energy efficient and will most likely last me the rest of my life.

The squirrels are playing chase around the yard to keep one another off of the feeders. The rain isn’t bothering them except it make it a little more difficult to climb the metal poles to the feeders. hat is always fun to watch as they try to climb and slide back down because they can’t get a grip. The robin doesn’t care if it is raining or nor — it is still taking a bath in the bird bath. It is all just blessings and entertainment and I give God thanks for yet another blessed day. I hope you take the time to do the same. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment