Friday, May 4, 2018

Let’s welcome Friday to the week this morning. It good to see you Friday as you enfold us with all of your sunshine and blue skies this morning. It is a very comfortable sixty-eight degrees this morning. The rain has stopped for awhile at least although we only got about three quarters of an inch. Thankfully that won’t be enough to to keep the farmers out of the fields. It will basically just keep the dust down as they work the ground. And, — it got all of my plants watered. So once again, I have something to give God praise for. I think today I will get all of the pots of plants moved out of the sunporch and on to the patio. I’m not sure where I’m going to sit them all but I figure I’ll receive some direction on that matter. The frost danger has passed so it is time to let them get some natural watering and unencombered sunshine.

I’m also thankful that my temporary guests, the Red breasted Grossbeakss are still here gracing the Backyard Buffet. There aren’t as many as there usually are. Some years we will have a migration of up to a couple of dozen. So far this year we’ve only had a couple. But, I need to make sure I fill the feeders again today so I can keep them interested. perhaps here are just the advance party. I also haven’t seen our hummingbird for a couple of days.

While you are lifting up your prayers this morning I’d ask you to include my sister. She’s had a rough three months since she took a fall several weeks ago. She currently going through PT & OT trying to rehab a shoulder. Then she is facing a shoulder replacement on the other shoulder and a knee replacement. She’s eighteen months younger than me and I think her warranties are expiring so she needs new parts. People say that growing old ain’t for wimps, and I think they may be right.

I also give thanks that Ms. Kate continues to improve from her bout with Bronchitis. I’m so glad she is not going through those terrible coughing spells any more. She had me very concerned.

I sit here amazed at how the trees and foliage and bushes have filled in with leaves just this week. Within a week we will be under a full canopy of tree leaves again for the summer. The neighbors houses are slowly disappearing behind the branches and we can again feel like we are being closed off by the forest. I think it is wonderful and it is peaceful.

Tomorrow I have a meeting first thing in the morning that will steal a good part of my Saturday. I wouldn’t mind if I thought it was going to be interesting or exciting but it won’t be. It will just be hum-drum and probably full of self-importance. These kinds of gatherings usually are, but, it goes with the territory of the job.

It is time for a coffee refill and also time to do a bit of meditation. I hope you have had a wonderful week and will have an even better weekend. Keep the faith alive and share your love. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment