Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Eeny, meeny, miney, mo, — tell me which way will the weather go. Will it rain or will it shine, — please let the weather be just fine. I have wet sidewalks again this morning and a partly cloudy sky that is filtering out the sun. It is currently seventy-four degrees and only going up to about eighty -five today. That is quite tolerable as long as the temperature doesn’t match the humidity level.

I’ve been being entertained by watching the Utility Guys over in Ms. Margret’s yard again. They keep doing something around the sewer manhole. They were there for about thirty minutes and then they took off. This is maybe the fourth time they have been back there. Who knows if they have actually accomplished anything or not.

I made great strides in my upper-most flower bed yesterday afternoon trimming back the peonies and iris and pulling wild onions that had grown to about two and a half feet tall. The ground waas moist enough that the onions came up rather easily. I intend to go back out there again this morning. I also need to get into the azealia bushes that are up next to the house and cut out the volunteer trees and pull out the morning glories and another vine that is starting to I climb the wall. I’m not sure what it is but it might be poison oak so I’ll need to throw on a long sleeve shirt to do that and use my gloves. I know I have poison ivy out there and I’m going to spray that today. If I get all of that done, then I’m moving down to the flowerbeds by the street and dead head all of the peonies and iris down there. Having flowerbeds is a lot of work. My only problem is that I have such a hard time getting down on my knees and getting back up again. Getting old isn’t for wimps for sure. But I have had so many people walk by the house and enjoy our flowers just as we do. I guess I’m working for compliments. LOL. I’m looking at the hydrangeas out here in the backyard and they are are full of blooms tha are coming on. The blooms are there but still developing. They will turn from green to white within a couple of weeks. It will be beautiful.

We had a God answered prayer yesterday at the church. We are getting ready to replace the pew cushions at church and the cost is going to be about $10,000.00, so we were about to begin a capital fund campaign to raise the money. While I was at the office yesterday, a parishioner came in and gave us a check for the full amount. God touches hearts and miracles happen. I was overwhelmed to say the least. What a wonderful for this person to have done. God turned their grief from the loss of a loved one to joy by giving a gift that will no doubt last at least a quarter of a century. All praise to God this morning. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment