Friday, May 25, 2018

Bang, bang, bang! Another new roof is going on in the neighborhood and they do start early in order to beat the heat of the day. I don’t blame them a bit. I did a bit of roofing many years ago and I can tell you that came a hot summer afternoon, it is had to be sitting or kneeling up there. Perhaps these days the composition of the material is different, but back then, it would get soft and a peson had to watch how they handles it or stepped on it so it wouldn’t tear. I think about that everytime I see roofers working in the summer. Of course, it could be worse; they could be putting on a metal roof.

Well, happy Friday morning to you. It is a beautiful morning full of sunshine. It is already seventy-seven degree this morning and we are having another air quality alert day. I need to read the report and see what the particulars are on that.  Some thing I pay attention to and other I don’t much about. I still need to get out there and do some flower bed work and I can’t keep putting it off.

I spent a good deal of time yesterday making vacation plans and arrangements. Ms. Kate and I are going to try to cram a few jacket list items into a single week. We’re going to start out by going to Amish country over in Arcola, IL. The move to southern IL and spend a night at Metropolis, IL — the home of Superman; then to Nashville, TN where we have tickets to see The Grand Ole Opry. From there we are thinking maybe we’d drive over to Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC and see the Chihully exhibit fro an evening and then head back home. It is ambitious for sure, but I think we can do it all in a week. We havn’t solidified the NC portion just yet. But Ms. Kate wants to see it so I suspect we’ll end up going. The exhibit is only there for the summer. It is an artistic glass thing.

Our weekend will be busy. Today we are meeting Bob and Brenda for “Schrooms & Beer”. That’s always a fun lunch time. Tomorrow Julie, Jim, and the pups are coming over and I have the wedding to do tomorrow evening at church; and I’m still hoping the rain holds off. Sunday we have the outdoor worship service and I’m preaching. Monday is Memorial Day. The kids will leave fairly early because they have dog grooming appointments in the afternoon.

Toothless, the black cat, was here again this morning trying to catch another bird I saw him before he got one and ran him off. I’ve had a steady bunch of customers at the Back yard Buffet today. Now the squirrel have finally arrived so they will take over the feeders for awhile. Then, I’ll have to fill them again this afternoon. I scrubbed the bird baths again yesterday and the birds have been enjoying their bath in that enough that I’ll have to fill the again today too.

I pray your weekend is full of fun and family time and worship. It is Memorial Day weekend which means the highways will be crowded. Be careful out there. God Bless! C’ys!

No comments:

Post a Comment