Friday, May 11, 2018

As a former weatherperson used to say here —- ‘The muggys have returned.”  It is only seventy two degrees but the humidity is at seventy-four percent and the temp is to climb to almost ninety degree today. That is pure summertime weather. The Robins and the Starlings are already taking baths this morning.

Today is a red-letter for the family as our son-in-law John Watson retires from the Riverside County Sheriff’s department. While not a sworn police officer, he has worked as a jailer for most of his career and that is more dangerous than being on the streets. More often than not, prisoners have zero respect for authority and figure they have nothing to lose. His particular jail, like most, is over crowded and that always adds to the tension. His advantage is that he treated the prisoners like people,  as opposed to some jailers who have prove they are in charge. I’m giving God praise and gratitude that he wasn’t stabbed or killed and had a successful career. He is a great guy and now he can relax and figure out what his next venture might be. He’s only fifty so I know he will be doing something else. He’s not the kind of person to sit around and do nothing, but I hope he takes some time off before he jumps into a new career. He and Heather plan to do some traveling, but —- she has a few years before she can retire. She runs the Sheriff’s 911 system for the same county.

I have several things to do today. It seems like I didn’t get anything done yesterday. I did fill part of the bird feeders and I BBQ’d some chicken and made a quick trip to the grocery store. But, beyond that and putzing around the house, I can’t tell you what I did. But today, I need to mow the yard, front and back, (and Dan’s) and I have to do some work on the upcoming wedding. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about all of the questions I didn’t ask of the couple when I met with them. They don’t want a rehearsal and that throws my “system” out of whack. So I need to ask some pertinent questions, especially of the bride.

I have a Robin on the table right outside my window and it is cleaning up the residual from my filling the feeders yesterday. I don’t really have a lot of guests this morning, a couple of Cardinals, a Ladderback Woodpecker, the Robin and the Starlings; and of course a couple of squirrels. What would life be without a squirrel on the bird feeder?? LOL

Thata’s it for this morning. Have a blessed day and share your love with someone. Be the bright spot in someone’s life today. Peace.

1 comment: