Wednesday, May 2, 2018

It is another afternoon posting of my blog. Today though would normally have been an office day but I had a physical this morning with Dr. Jackson. To the best of my knowledge everything is fine. He asked me how I was doing and I told him that everybody felt as good as I do, —- he would be looking for work. LOL

After my doctor’s appointment, I came home and picked up Ms. Kate and we went to brunch. It was her first anything out of the house except for doctor’s appointments in ten days. It ws wonderful to have her out and breathing outside air. After brunch we went by Karen’s house and looked at her flowerbeds. She has a couple of tree peonies that she wanted us to see. They are magnificent. The blooms must be eight inche across. I hope our new one will grow and get to that point. Of course that just energized Ms. kate to want to get another one.

I finished my Mother’s Day sermon late last night. I still have some tidying up to do on it and the worship service yet to tailor but I ‘m glad to have it done. The sermon has nothing to do with Mother’s Day and I didn’t want it to. After all, there are women in the church who are not mothers, or can’t be mothers, or maybe even who have lost children. I think a pastor has to keep those kind of things in mind when acknowledging special days and anniversaries like that. I call it situational awareness.

It is a warm but windy day and we are supposed to get rain this evening and maybe tomorrow. I want to get my back yard mowed today before the rain. We need some rain again. It will water all of my plants and my garden. I’d like to get the mulch put down before the rain but that may not happen. I have a meeting at 1800 hours today and that is about the time young Nick will probably finish his homework and be available to help me. It isn’t critical that the mulch go down today, but if it sits out there in the truck bed it is going to get wet and that will make it heavier and may even cause it to mold some. I’d like that not to happen.

Time for me to get busy. This is “hump day “ and the work-day is now half over. I guess that means we are “over the hump”. Enjoy the rest of your day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment