Friday, May 18, 2018

Anybody want to buy a squirrel this morning? I have a good half dozen hogging up the feeders this morning that I’d gladly trade for stick or a rock. I filled feeders again yesterday afternoon and these guys are out in full force this morning. But then, so are the black birds and starlings. I filled my bark butter feeders with a new product yesterday. hey are supposed to be suet cake sticks that you just push into the holes of th feeders. However, they were really soft and crumbled as I tried that and it made quite the mess but it worked. The woodpeckers seem to really like it. When I first came out here this morning, there was a fat Robin sitting just outside the glass door with a worm in it’s beak. Just looking around like it wanted to show off it’s catch.

Today is going to be a day of rain, cloudy skies, thunderstorms and just maybe even a little sunshine. We get the entire collection of weather today. It has just started sprinkling . Neighbor Dan and his wife Minh are leaving Washington DC area this morning. I looked at the radar for there and they are leaving in the middle of some torrential storms etc. I pray God will grant them safe passage. We’ve had. A week of rain on and off and the forecast calls for another week of it. That means it will also be muggy when it isn’t raining. Pastor Art’s daughter is traveling up here from Alabama and I think she is going to have a wet drive too. I pray she will also have safe passage.

I got my “outside work” all done yesterday with the exception of planting my okra. I’ll get out there between showers today and get those few seeds in the ground. It won’t take but a minute or two to poke a hole in the ground, put the seed in and cover it up. I only want a few plants or we’ll have okra coming out of our wazoo.

Since I’m caught up outside and it is raining, I’m planning to spend the day playing my horm for maybe a half an hour to practice, and then I’m going to read. I have a new book called “On the Other Side”, by Candy Hemphill Christmas. Candy is one of the many singers in the Gaither Homecoming Group. She and her husband Kent run a mission feeding program literally under one of the bridges in Nashville, TN and feed and clothe hundreds every week. Her book is about that journey and how it came to be and some stories of some of their “customers”. Their program is called “The Bridge Ministry”, and it sounds wonderful. I don’t usually promote things but if you are interested in being involved; go to www.bridgeministry.org and check it out.

Well, since it is raining outside, keep the sunshine in your heart and leet it shine through you. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment