Thursday, May 10, 2018

Welcome to a blessed Thursday morning. I hope you have had a good morning so far. I have. I’m on my second cup of coffee and just finished a bagel with creamed cheese. I do love bagels in the morning or actually most any time. They even make a good snack when paired with either Philly Creamed Cheese or maybe even a litttle honey butter. It is actually justthe last coupleof years that I have gotten in to eating bagels. But, you know how people’s taste buds change, and I guess that is what happened with me. I used to be a cereal eater for breakfast but now, cereal is my midnight snack. Of course a real breakfast is and always has been a “big breakfast”; eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits, gravy, hash browns or fried potatos, coffee, and maybe some juice. Top it off with a couple of pancakes and I’ve gone straight to heaven for breakfast.

I had a busy day yesterday. We had our staff meeting and then I did some parishioner visitation and home communion. Then late afternoon I had a couple come in to discuss their wedding that is coming up. Today I need to put together their wedding ceremony. It was interesting to sit and meet with them.  Sometimes, I think I need to read “behind” the words being said. I just pray for them to have a successful marriage.

I have empty feeders out there that I need to do something about for sure. And it appears that I also need to mow my back yard again. That fertilizer that I put on when I replanted the grass is really working. The back yard looks better than it has in a couple of years. I think Ms. Kate is going to want to go to the grocery store today too so I’m not sure what all my day will bring to the table. The wedding service writing is what will take the longest. But, I can save that for this evening if I need to.

I was out in the yard looking around earlier. The peonies, the iris, the snowball bush, the climatis are al becoming the stars of the yard now. The daffodils are done and are at the stage where they just lay over and dry out. In a couple of months I’ll be able to pull the tops off of them. The tulips are also about done. They have dropped most of their petals by now. The lilacs are blooming and making the yard fragrant and the pink and the white dogwoods are also in bloom. My yard just looks fabulous. Every time I walk around in it or work in it, I feel so very blessed. Yes, it is a lot of work, —- but God has enabled me to still be abl to get out there and tend His garden, and I give God all the praise for that. I can’t imagine our yard without flowers.

Tine for me to finish up this cup of coffee and move on to another job of the day. Tomorrow is TGIF day and I pray you will have a wonderful weekend. Go in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment