Monday, May 21, 2018

It is the 21st of May already; just a week left of this month. That means that 2018 is just shy of forty days from being half gone. Time is the great constant isn't it. It marches on at a steady rate; never speeding up nor slowing down. God reached down and gave the planet an eternal spin that hasn't wavered a micro-second in all of time. That is just another example of the perfection of our creator. Just think about that perfectness for a second. If the world rotated any faster we would be flung off into space. If it rotated any slower, we wouldn't be able to move because the gravitational pull would hold us down. (OK, I may have those things reversed. I didn't stay awake through all of my science classes)

It is a muggy morning again. It rained again last night a little bit. The sidewalks were still damp this morning. We are under a threat for severe storms once again today with a chance for hail and damaging winds. It will be Wednesday before we can look for "nice weather". However, my Backyard Buffet guests could care less. They have emptied the feeders once again so I'll need to fill everything back up again. Saturday afternoon  I bought another eighty pounds of sunflower seed and refilled my cans. I have been rather disappointed in that my one or two hummingbirds have not come back since we refilled their feeder. It has set there long enough that we need to empty it and put in a fresh batch. We used the commercial product and I think frankly we are just a s well off mixing just water and sugar instead of making sure the liquid is red. I think I recall reading once upon a time that the red fluid/feed wasn't particularly even good for them, and maybe they just don't like it. It's tough keeping up with aviary whims and wishes.

We had a fairly good attendance yesterday for our Pentecost Sunday service although it certain;y wasn't the ninety-five we had the week before with Mother's Day. This coming Sunday is Memorial Day weekend and I suspect the attendance is going to be slim. I know of at least three families that are going to be out camping. That will take a dozen people out of the number. It is supposed to be an outdoor service in our Woodland Chapel and I'm really hoping the weather holds and it doesn't rain or storm. Of course, I also have the wedding out in that chapel the night before so I hope we don't get any more rain after today until the weekend is over.

I have office hours this morning until noon. If by then it isn't storming or raining, I have a bunch of small trees and weeds to get out of my azaleas and flower beds. Because of the large trees that this neighborhood has, I'm fighting a constant battle with volunteer trees, especially red bud and tulip poplar. When we first moved here I was constantly fighting black gum trees but thankfully, most people in the neighborhood have gotten rid of those trees. I had mine cut down the second year we lived here. I got really tired of turning my ankle when I stepped on the darn gumballs. I do miss the beautiful colors they had on the leaves in the fall but it wasn't worth the aggravation of cleaning up thousands of gumballs.

Time to get to work and accomplish something. I doubt that anybody will come by the office today; there seldom is a time when anybody comes by to speak to the pastor. Mostly if anyone comes, they have business with the secretary.

I hope your day is blessed. I pray that you will have the peace of Jesus Christ in your heart  and will feel the love that comes from that relationship. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment