Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Soggy weather for today. It started raining around 0500 and we will have rain on and off most of the day I think. It rained pretty heavy for awhile but it kind of coms in waves. The garden will love it as will all of the plants and flowers. My backyard guests though aren’t apparently as crazy about it because there aren’t as many as usual. At least we aren’t having storms like the Virginia and DC area were having last night. Neighbor Dan is on vacation there and posted a video last night of the storms. The wind was really whipping and rain was torrential. But, we are to have this kind of off and on rain for the rest of the week. My only concern is for Saturday the 26th when I’m supposed to do an outside wedding. There is no use worrying about it because I can’t control it. I just hope for the couple’s sake the weather dries out and the area will be dry. Brides tend to want what they want and it doesn’t take a lot sometimes to “spoil” a dream wedding for them. But —- in my meeting with them, I did explain that regardless of outside or inside, == they will still be just as married. I’m not sure it was comforting. LOL

We made it out to the stores and I bought a bunch of bird feeding stuff. I need to go buy Pet Food Center and pick up another 80# of sunflower seed. Both of my cans are at half full or less. Last night we went to Menard’s and I bought every bag of the suet pellets that hey had. A bag will only last about a day and a half. The dang black birds and starling just devour it. It is the favorite of a lot of of my birds and we have some battle royals over that feeder between the Cardinals, Woodpeckers, and Blackbirds.

This morning I’ll have my staff meeting with Karen and Pastor Art as we go over the calendar of events. There isn’t too much to discuss as the events really diminish after Pentecost Sunday and Memorial Day. This coming Sunday will be Pentecost. Pastor Art has the sermon. Next weekend will be Memorial Day weekend and I’ll have the sermon. It is supposed to be an outdoor service. Again, let’s hope the weather dries out. But if not, of well. God will provide what God will provide. But, there are part of the country that could use the rain a little more than we can.

I guess I better sign off and get ready to go to the office. I hope you have a truly blessed day and a day full of good thought. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment