Thursday, May 3, 2018

And again it is afternoon before. Get to sit down and write. What’s going on here in my life? Well, my mornings have been taken up doing one thing or another and next thing you know, lunch time is over and the morning has been used up. Today it was staff meeting that took up my time. That should have occured yesterday but I was at the doctor’s office yesterday so we postponed it until today. The only bad thing about doing my blog in the afternoon is that I get sleepy. I’m sitting here having just eaten a large Taco Salad from Wendy’s and my tummy is full. Add to that, the gentle raindrops that are falling on the roof of the sunporch. It is a great combination if one wants a nap, but my nap has t wait for another couple of hours.

Our weekly planning session and staff meeting went well again today. Even though we have been waiting on spring to arrive, it seems impossiible to believe we are into the month of May already. Mother’s Day is just ten days a way. Two weeks after that will be Memorial Day and the summer will be off and running. We are going to have some construction work done at the church over the summer that will, I think, greatly improve our grounds and facilities. Much of it has to do with laying a lot of yards of concrete to put new steps an path in the outdoor chapel. Currently we have a thick layer of wood chip barks out there and it gets soggy and slippery. When we have weddings out there the bride’s dresses get dirty as they walk down the hill to the altar area. This also eliminate some of the worry about our senior citizens slipping or tripping in that mulch.

As I said, it is raining here today so that means I won’t be getting my mulch here at home put down. It isn’t raining hard or steady, so if young Nick does have time this afternoon yet, I’ll work out there even if it is sprinkling.

I’ve made a commitment to play a trumpet solo at church late in July. That means I need to get started now making my lungs and lips ready. I’ve been saying I was going to do that but I keep putting it aside. So today I signed the list for special music. That gives me ten weeks to get ready which isn’t a lot of time. The things I get myself in to sometimes is redonkulous.

Time to head downstairs to my office and quit sitting here watching my buffet guests. I pray the rest of your day will be filled with love and good thing. Peace.  


No comments:

Post a Comment