Thursday, May 31, 2018

I did say in my last post that it was going to be a confusing week and that fact has held true. I didn’t realize until late last evening that I had not taken the time to sit a write my blog for the day. So today, except for getting my first cup of coffee, it is the first thing on my list.

So, — Good Morning! Happy Thursday  to you. I hope your day has started off  with sunshine and the sound of the birds singing. Mine has, which by the way is certainly different from yesterday. Yesterday morning began with rain left over from tropical storm Alberto. That has now moved way north, however, we have another front rapidly approaching from the west and no matter how nice it looks out there now, we have a chance of severe thunderstorms moving in for this afternoon and evening. It has been a crazy weather week all across the nation with everything from 100 plus heat in the southwest to tornados in the midwest, to Tropical storms in the south and dangerous flooding in the east. And —- out in Hawaii, the earth continues to erupt from volcanoes wiping away homes one after another. So, I offer prayers that all of those who may be suffering as a result of these weather related disasters may be safe and find comfort in the Lord.

The Robins are splash-splashing taking their bath and the Cardinals are busy having breakfast before they have to fight with the black birds or the squirrels for it. It won’t be long before the Starlings get here. They will have to battle with the Woodpeckers though for the feeders with the peanut butter in them. Buffet breakfast may be cut a little short this morning though. I just had a huge thunder-roar and then a weather-notification flash across my screen that rain will be starting in about ten minutes. So much for my sunny morning.

The hydrangias are blooming like crazy now and the Stella-Dora lilies are just starting to bloom. There are lots of other lilies that will be following long shortly behind the Stellas. I do love the rotation of the flowers as they each take their turn blessing our yard. This will continue until probably July and then everything will just “be green” until fall. The daffodils are just about ready for me to cut them back as are the tulips.

The rain has started now. The trick is to not let it lull me to sleep as it falls on the roof overhead. I have a little gazebo shaped feeder out there that I fill with safflower seed for the Cardinals. A couple of finches have taken refuge under the roof of it to get out of the rain. It’s cute.

That’s it for today. Again I pray your day is peaceful and your life is full of blessings and love. Keep the faith and remember that God walks with you every step of every day. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment