Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The world is covered with a thin coating of ice this morning. It certainly isn’t enough to be called an ice storm but the roads are slick, the schools are cancelled, and I’m not going to venture out. I’ve already taken a fall on the snow and ice this winter and was extremely fortunate not to hurt myself. But there is no snow out there to cushion a fall now.

So what to do with an unexpected day free from obligations. I’ll just do some writing today and help Ms. Kate with the laundry; not much different than if I had actually gone in to the office because we were only gong to be in the office for an hour or so anyway. We use Wednesday as a day to coordinate schedules with he secretary. But, I do need to do some writing today. I’ve been working on a sermon for the 25th of February and have it about three fourths complete. But, I’m really not happy with it and last night it hit me to take it in a different direction. So, before I lose the train of thought, I need to put it on paper. It is always hard to highlight a large section of a writing and hit “delete” but if it doesn’t make sense to me, it won’t make sense to anyone else.

I have a lot of activity at the buffet this morning. The blue birds are back; I have several cardinals, junkos are everywhere, Goldfinches , wrens, woodpeckers, mockingbirds, and of course starlings by the dozen flock in and out. The electric bird bath is a popular spot too. I’ve had one or two squirrels here today but not many. All in all I’d say I have maybe fifty birds out here to watch. That’s a pretty special thing and a great blessing.

I guess that is about all I have for thoughts this morning. I’m out of witty thoughts or sound advice, or even sage wisdom. I forgot to pick up any of those things while Ms. Kate and I were out shopping yesterday. This morning, I’m just kind of like the weather, dull and sleepy. Sitting here watching all of my critters in the peace and quiet just seems to be enough. I read a good devotional this morning from my friend Pastor Mike Saxton on Facebook. He is the pastor of a non-denominational churrch down in Florida. I wwas his commanding officer many years ago in another life for both of us.

So, I hope you have a safe and warm day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment