Friday, February 2, 2018

That beautiful clear blue sunny sky out there certainly disguises the fact that it is seventeen degrees with a “real feel” of five. My backyard buffet guests though don’t seem to mind it too much. They are busy flying in and out stocking up on energy to keep them warm. I put some bread out there yesterday morning for them but them we got about a half an inch of snow that kind of covered it up. But they have discovered it this morning, mostly the starlings are eating it. The small birds wait until the starlings leave and then they swoop down and clean up the crumbs that the starlings make and leave. I’ve had a wren or two and some sparrows hopping around the bread grabbing bites. I guess the squirrels are sleeping in this morning because I haven’t a seen any yet. That is great because theCardinals are at the feeders without interruption for a change. They sure look beautiful with the sun shining on them.

Our snowfall was what I call a convenient snow. It stuck to the trees and grass and roofs but not to the streets and driveways or walks. It was a wet snow too so it made for some very pretty scenery. By now, it is already gone from the trees. We are maybe going to get some more again tomorrow night and into Sunday. I really hope it holds off on Sunday. That is Super Bowl Sunday which means that there will be a lot of people out there driving to parties etc and they will be drinking and that is not a good combination with snow or icy roads. Speaking of Super Bowl, I haven’t watched a single football game this year but the Patriots are playing again in the game so maybe I’ll watch some of it. Julie and Jim are die-hard Patriots fans so itt will be incredibly noisy over at their house. When they come here and there is a Pats game on, Ms. Kate tells Jim he has to go to the basement if he wants to watch the game because he gets so loud. LOL. I have to laugh at the die-hard fans and their emotions during the game. One would think they personally own the team or something.

Happy Friday to you! You’ve almost made it through another work week. I hope it has been an excellent week for you. My new position officially started yesterday although I went in for office hours early in the week. This Sunday I give my first sermon as the co-pastor of the church as opposed to being a “guest pastor”. I’m excited and feeling blessed.

I think Ms. Kate and I are going to goto the 1245 matinee today to see “Hostiles”. She is feeling much better from the whatever crud she had and I think the theater should be relatively empty so not too many people sitting there with the flu. Maybe we’ll take along some alcohol wipes to wipe down the arms of the seats so we’ll pick up a few less germs.

Today is Groundhog Day. I haven’t heard whether the groundhog saw his shadow or not. It’s important because whether a rodent sees its shadow is critical to whether we will have an early spring or not. What a silly tradition that is.

My coffee cup is empty and I must refill it and get on with other things. Have a wonderful Friday. Have a talk with your Creator and Savior. It will brighten your tire weekend. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment