Monday, February 12, 2018

It is a beautiful Monday morning. However it is colder than a streaker in Montana. The trees are still ice covered from the freezing rain we had on Saturday night. It does make a beautiful sight because the sun makes it look like the trees are covered with diamonds. As always, I find beauty and pleasure and visions of God's blessings most anywhere I look.

Yesterday I saw a picture on Facebook of a little cute rodent of some kind with the biggest grin on its face and it was holding a blossom. The caption read "Only six Mondays until Spring." It was one of those make you smile and feel good pictures. Facebook has an awful lot of trash on it but every once in a while somebody posts something worth actually reading and sharing.

We had a good Sunday although Ms. Kate didn't make it to church. We had no idea whether or not there would be black ice on the roads and the sidewalks so I recommended that she not get out since she has already fallen on black ice once this year. As it turned out, I was worried about nothing. The roads were clear and the parking lot was too. But, no use taking a chance.

The blue birds are here again this morning and they have been all weekend. They just brighten up my day especially when there are cardinals and gold finches to go along with them. Actually, there are very few of my birds that I am not particularly fond of. As you know, the starlings are not high on my list but only because they are such bullies and nasty birds. All of their fighting and pecking at one another and at other birds kind of drives me crazy. With spring out there in the not to distant future, I'm waiting on the robins to arrive again. And I'm still waiting on the first of the crocus to pop up;  assuming that the moles have not eaten the bulbs.

I hate to make this short but I have office hours this morning and have to get ready and go to work. That still sounds like a strange thing for me to be saying. Have a most pleasant day; enjoy the sunshine and bathe yourself in God's grace and love. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment