Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Good morning and a blessed Valentine Day to you. And I should also wish you a blessed Ash Wednesday and Holy Spirit filled Lenten season which begins today.

Today starts off as one of my favorite kind of mornings; it is foggy with waves of spring-like showers passing through. It is forty-four degrees already this morning so ye it is a spring-like day. Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer, up into the low seventies and then the bottom will drop out again with a cold front coming through. Tis the weather roller coaster season. But — the cold weather hasn’t been as severe in the past few days as it was earlier, so I reckon we are on the way to spring after all. I could chance it and take off my snow blade but I’d probably be inviting a snow storm.

This going back to work is interfering with my blogging. I’m a morning writer and having to get ready for work and go to work and attend morning meetings causes me to miss days like I did yesterday. Yes, —- I could get up earlier on the days I go to the office but nah, I don’t think so. I just need to change my morning writing habits somewhat and do it in the afternoon. I could of course write my blog in the evening but that is when I work on sermons and things like that. Right now I’m busy writing a Tenebrae drama for Maundy Thursday service. I’m not quite half done with it. I’m trying to express some of what I think the disciples of Jesus felt after they deserted him when Jesus was betrayed. I’ve written several plays over the years and they have all turned out well. I wrote one that the church presented some forty years ago and they still talk about it. It was very dramatic and seems to have had a great affect on the players.

Tonight will be the Ash Wednesday service. I’m giving the sermon and we will be doing an imposition of ashes and holy communion as part of the service. In the past, I have always had my confirmands conduct this service, but we don’t have any confirmands this year at Zoar; so, Art and I will do the service. This coming Sunday we will have a special presentation by two of our parishioners during the worship service. They will be showing slides and talking about their trip to the Holy Land. I’m sure it will be fascinating.

Time for me to put up the IPad and get ready to go to the office. Today we only go for an hour just top coordinate schedules and things. The happy news is that I’ll be driving right by the new Dunkin Donuts that is supposed to open today. A detour is in order unless the cars are lined up too far. I hope your day is fully blessed. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment