Monday, February 26, 2018

Happy fifty-second anniversary to Ms. Kate and me. It is hard to believe it has been fifty-two years since that beautiful young girl walked down the aisle of St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, took my hand and  agreed before God’s altar to become my wife. We swore til death do us part, and that is exactly what we meant. Fortunately, she hasn’t decided to “death me” just yet. But wow; we have had some great adventures, traveled thousands of miles, raised a geat family, and as far as we know; —- there is no end in sight. I would be thrilled to be sitting here in ten years repeating this blog.

The flooding rains have stopped until some time tomorrow evening or so says the weather dude. I have not heard how much we actually got but suspect it was around seven inches. This has been the wettest February in recorded history for this area with nine and a half inches. The rivers have all swollen way beyond flood stage. Roads around the area are washed away. Fortunately for us, we had no severe weather but just 100 miles south they had several tornadoes. In the mean time, I have friends who were going through blizzard conditions up in the northwest part of the country. Weather is indeed a wild ride.

I have some happy cardinals and woodpeckers at the moment. I’ve waited most of the day to fill feeders just because the yard was too muddy to walk around in. But, I did go out and fill several of them and it only took moments for them to fly in. There were birds in the bushes as I filled them and they were putting the word out that the buffet has been restocked. I see at least six cardinals out there right now. They need to be discreet or the squirrels will find out and then they will have to fight for space.

I went for office hours this morning and then waas going to go do some visitation at one of the nursing homes but the receptionist told me that they were recommending that we didn’t do visitation because so many of the residents had the flu etc. So, I left my business card so my parishioner would know I had been there and cared about him.

After I got home from the office, Ms. Kate and I went out to one of our favorite restaurants for lunch as a celebration of our anniversary. I had a delicious prime rib sandwich and baked potato. The restaurant provided us a piece of “Turtle Pie” that was fabulous.

Time to watch the evening news. I hope your evening goes well and that you get a good nights rest  and wake up ready to greet God’s world tomorrow. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment