Saturday, February 24, 2018

Rain, rain, and more rain. I thought maybe it hadn’t rained at all last night because I hadn’t heard it. But it was pouring when I got up at 0645 and has been raining on and off ever since. Thank goodness I have good sump pumps. They have been working steady all morning. The radar shows a bit of a lull coming but then by this afternoon the final push of this thing is supposed to come through with severe weather in tow. I pray for no tornadoes and that every one remains safe.

I’ve spent much of my morning so far “talking” to my girls via Facebook Messenger. As far as I’m concerned, Messenger is the best thing about social media. Our family has a chat group we call The Committee and we have conversation that runs several times a day and has for maybe three years now. All four girls, their husbands, Ms. Kate and I and oldest grandson, Josh, just chime in whenever we feel like it. It is the closest we can come to all being together since we are physically spread coast to coast.

I saw a mouse in my garage last night. That is only the second mouse I have seen in the sixteen years we have lived here. I had mouse traps years ago but I have no idea where they might be, So, I’m heading to the hardware store today to get some poison bait. The rain probably drove this little guy in but he is uninvited. We had a mouse problem years ago when we lived in Collinsville, IL. We had had a wet spring and they moved in out of the woods. I thought we would never quit killing mice. So, I don’t want to let them get a stronghold in there. It’s bad enough that we have moles, voles, and squirrels; I don’t need another rodent variety.

I have a couple of frustrated squirrels out there at the buffet. One keeps trying to get into a particular feeder and can’t figure out haw to get the lid off of it. Well, the lid is tight for one thing, but it is also sitting on the lid so that doesn’t help its cause. The other squirrel keeps coming over to the 20 gallon garbage can that I have full od sunflower seed. It keeps trying to figure out how to get in there. I find it a little difficult to get the lid off of that can so I know it will never get in there; but it is entertains to watch. Squirrel number one is now hanging from a limb by his toenails trying to grab the wire handle of the feeder and pull it up and over the hook it is on. They are smart critters.

Tomorrow is Sunday and it is my week to give the sermon. I’m well ready for it and in fact, I finished my sermon for the 11th of March now too. Next I need to start working on my Palm Sunday abdEaster Sunday messages. Once Holy Week is over, life will smooth out until Christmas.

That’s about it for today and for this week. Hopefully next week will be drier and sunnier. I pray your weekend will be blessed and full of happiness. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment