Wednesday, February 28, 2018

And a blessed Wednesday afternoon to you. The office hours are done, lunch has been had and now I thought I’d try to throw in a short blog before we have to get built again. Tonight of course is the Lenten Wednesday meal and Bible Study. So that doesn’t leave a lot of time in between.

It is another rainy day and tomorrow will be about the same. We should pick up about an inch more on top of what we’ve had. It is really sloppy to try to walk around in the yard. I had to take some stuff out to the compost barrel awhile ago  and it was high stepping and watching where you walk out there. I don’t need to muddy up my “church shoes” or be bringing mud in the house.

I went to the Boeard of Christian Education meeting and was pleasantly surprised by their answers to my questions. I was concerned ton owif they have an actual plan for faith development or not. Well, they may not have a written plan. (Which would still be a good idea) it they seem to have a good handle on the teaching of our youth the fundamentals of Christianity. They are enthusiastic about it and that is key to a successful program.

I went to Wild Birds Unlimited yesterday afternoon and spent $115.00 on filling up my larder of bird food stuff. Unfortunately nothing was on sale either. But, I have enough to last for maybe three weeks now. I also refilled feeders and changed things around as to location. I like to keep it changing. I’ll really be glad when the ground finally fries out and I can clean up all of the residual seed and hulls that are on the ground out there. It kills the grass and obviously the dang mole like to dig under there and eat too. It really make for a mess. I keep my emptied sunflower sacks just for that purpose. I put all of the crud back in them and then put it in the garbage cans. I don’t want it in my compost piles.

That is about enough for today. I need to go downstairs and do some work in my office. I hope your personal day is going brighter than my weather. If not —- just say a prayer and let in a little “Son-shine”. Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment