Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Good morning! It is a warm, (67 degrees) partially cloudy morning. I filled all of my feeders last evening and yet, my only guests so far this morning has been one squirrel and a mockingbird that flew by, grabbed a beak full of bark butter  and left. But — I think things will pick up shortly. The cardinals are starting to fly in and when they do, others will come. It is interesting that when it is really cold, I’ll get a lot of junkos here but if it is a warm day, I don’t see them. I wonder why that is.

This beautiful weather this morning is unfortunately the precursor to some bad weather which is expected as winter begins to wane and spring begins to rise. I just had an accuweather alert about strong winds and gusts this afternoon which is going to usher in a lot of rain. We are expecting several inches between now and Sunday morning. That isn’t a good thing. The rivers are already high and most of them will be well over their banks by next week. It is just as well that it is too early for the farmers to be planting yet. The fields are all muddy and the flooding would have ruined what they would have planted. But, I have friends that are chomping at the bit to get out and plant gardens. I would love to til mine but it is just too muddy. On the other hand, if it rains enough,maybe it will drown this stinking mole that is working my back yard to death.

I’m trying to put together my sermon for the 11th of March and I just seem to be running around in circles with it. I spent much of my time at the office yesterday reading and getting ideas, and making notes. But when I got home and tried putting some of it together, it just fell flat. But, it is early yet and the words will come eventually. It should be easy because my central theme is based upon John 3:16 but finding something fresh to say about a scripture that everyone has heard a hundred sermons on can actually be daunting. Maybe today I’ll go out and pick up limbs and sticks and branches out of my yard and breathe in some spring air. That might open the brain cells up with some sort of inspiration.

It is time for a second cup of coffee and I think I will pull a Bob Evans breakfast bowl out of the freezer to go with it. I really like those and they aren’t that expensive. While I do that, How about you stop and take time to look around and count your blessings. You’ll be surprised at what you find that God has already provided for you today. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment