Monday, February 5, 2018

And a glorious morning to you on this 5th day of February. It is sunny but colder than a polar bear's rump. The birds have fluffed themselves up and the squirrels looked all puffed up too. It is 18 degrees with a windchill that walks right through you. I have to go to the office today and do three hours of office duty. I think I'll take my Surface Pro and a flash drive and work on my sermon for the 25th of February. I have it started but have reached a point that seems to be a dead end road. That happens sometimes and then I need to back up and re-look at the directions that I thought I was starting from.

We had a relatively quiet Sunday. Of course we started the day at church and it was my first Sunday as co-pastor of Zoar church and I delivered the sermon. I think it went over well and they didn't decide to fire me even though I went long. I was thinking one day that I wonder what would happen if I got up to give a sermon and all I said was; "God said to be good!", and then sat back down. If nothing else, it would be memorable. After church we went to New Harmony, IN for a very nice lunch at The Red Geranium Restaurant. It is a nice place and the menu is a little "foo-foo" and sometimes pricey, but it was a nice quiet meal and we enjoyed it.

Yesterday was also Super Bowl Sunday for football fans across the nation. I am not a sports watcher and haven't watched a football game all year. Part of that was out of protest because of the players refusing to stand for the National Anthem. I know Julie and Jim were in full Patriots gear for the game and I understand that since they lived in the Boston area for over two decades. So, while I didn't watch the game, I was hoping their team would win. But --- twas not to be. The Philadelphia Eagles won their first ever Super Bowl so I feel good for their fans; except for the ones that had to celebrate by rioting and destroying public and private property. I've never understood the concept of expressing one's joy through destructive actions. I mean, who thinks like that??? My take on the whole thing is, regardless of who won the Super Bowl, the world is no better or worse off than it was before the game was played. I understand the hype over the game and it is a national thing, but on the other hand, I don't understand people paying thousands of dollars to go sit in a crowded stadium to watch a game that they could watch on television.

I need to refill the bird feeders again today sometime. I guess I'll wait until I get home from work. Maybe it will be a bit warmer. I think we are supposed to go up to around thirty degrees today. The Accuweather app is warning that we may be having an ice storm tomorrow night into Wednesday morning. Of course the reports all all over the place at this point. But if it goes as predicted we could get a couple inches of snow and maybe a quarter of an inch of ice. The snow I don't mind, the ice --- I'm not a fan. But, I'll for sure put down some ice melt ahead of time and hope we don't need it.

That's it for today my friends. I need to get ready to go to work. (What a strange concept that still seems.) I pray you will have a blessed day and feel your life filled with the love of God. Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment