Thursday, February 8, 2018

It is a brighter day out side this morning. The sun is shining in a cloudless sky, but the temperature is still only twenty-two degrees. My squirrels are all very unhappy because I can not get into the shed yet to fill the sunflower seed feeders. The aluminum ramp and the step are still covered with ice and I’m not going to risk it. Hopefully it will all melt away today. But until then, they will have to remember that they are wild squirrels and forage elsewhere. I did get out and fill the bark butter paste feeders and the thistle seed feeder for the finches. I also put out another four suet cakes. So, there is plenary of food out there for the birds. However, I need to go to the Pet Food Center and to Wild Bird’s and Things to restock the larder again. I can easily use 80# of sunflower seed and several of my specialty foods. Time to hold up another bank so the birds can eat. LOL I’m thinking I may pick up another aluminum trash can and keep it up here by the sun porch filled with sunflower seed. Rural King has them for about ten dollars. It is pretty sheltered up here and that way when the snow and ice do come, I don’t have to fool with the shed and the ramp etc.

Even though it is an inconvenience, God’s beauty still shines through with the ice glistening on the branches and the trees. I’m a firm believer that God’s blessings are wherever you look for them. All it takes is looking for the positive side of things instead of the grumpy side of things. For instance, I have a feeder for my finches that has a nice plastic cover over it. On a normal warm day it is no big deal, On a rainy day, it keeps the seed dry. But right now it is still ice covered with little icicles hanging down from it. I have four or five finches feeding from it and it looks like people riding a Ferris wheel. It’s quite cute. Like I said, the blessings are where ever you look for them.

I think I may run by the office in a few minutes. There may be something that Art and I need to collaborate on before Sunday. Then while I’m out, I can run by the Pet Food Center and Rural King. I have a squirrel that just when to great lengths to line the pole where I normally hang that feeder tha they tore up and there is nothing there. It is looking around  quite confused. So, I better go take care of them in one way or another.

Have a great day and make the most out of it. Take some time and do something for someone today. It will make your day even brighter. God loves you, and so do I.  Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment