Tuesday, February 27, 2018

And God said, “Let there be light. And there was light”. And we call it a beautiful Tuesday morning. It is cool, (44 degrees) but there isn’t any wind so that will help. But, it is so nice to see the sunshine after the days of rain that we had.

I ventured out into the yard yesterday afternoon and filled some of the feeders; I think I told you that last evening. I still have some more to fill and unfortunately I have to go to Wild Birds and restock again. I’m out of several items again that they rely on. I especially need to get some bark butter bits and some more bark butter paste. I bought four tubs of it last time I was there and I opened up the last one yesterday. I’m out of thistle seed for the finches and I’m out of seed cakes and seed cylinders of my different varieties. This will be an expensive trip. I need to put out five of my suet cakes and that will just about deplete my supply of those. Luckily, they are a lot less expensive.

I noticed my new tulip bed is starting to sprout up. The first of the leaves are pushing through. If they all come up, I should have about sixty new trips blooming out front. The main flower bed I have here in the back yard is really looking good. The daffodils are coming up nicely. The tulips and the lilies are also doing well. The pussy willow tree is putting out lots of buds and should be in bloom soon. My buddy Bob called me last night and asked if I wanted some saw dust to put on my asparagus. I told him I’d pick some up from hm on Friday. I called sister-in-law Karen and asked her if she wanted me to get her some too and she said yes. I think Bod has it already on his truck but he keeps his truck in the garage so it won’t get wet when it starts raining tonight and tomorrow. The area is supposed to get yet another half to an inch and a half of rain between now and Thurday. All indications are that we are truly headed into spring.

Tonight is the Board of Christian Education meeting at church. It will be my first one and I am planning to be there and maybe get an idea what approach they are taking to their program. It all seems a little uncoordinated to me but maybe it is just what they want. I don’t want to try to fix something that isn’t broke but I also don’t want us to be “just doing something” and not expanding our Biblical knowledge. So, I’ll need to ask some questions.

It’s time for more coffee and I think I’ll get a Bob Evan’s breakfast bowl out of the freezer and have breakfast. Those thing are darn good. I wish for you a most glorious day. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment