Saturday, February 10, 2018

I’m up before most of my bark yard buffet guests this morning. I have maybe four pair of cardinals hat the feeders but that is it so far. It is a dark and dank morning outside. No sun is going to be peaking through that layer of clouds anytime soon. The down side to the clouds is that it prevents the sun from glistening off of the beautiful plumage of the cardinals. So even they look a little dull this morning. But they are singing so that will brighten the morning.

The last of the ice from the other day has finally melted from the trees and from my ramp and step up into my yard barn. I could finally get in there. Unfortunately, we are anticipating more freezing rain again tonight and in to morning. I pray it won’t develope. We don’t need slick roads for people to try to drive to church in the morning.

Since I could finally get into my yard barn, I went to Pet Food Center and bought 120 pounds of sunflower seed for my birds. I also stopped by Rural King and picked up a twenty gallon galvanized can to put up here on the patio and have filled it with sunflower seed. This way when it gets icy and snow covered out side, I don’t have to go to the yard barn. The feeders are all freshly filled and ready for business this morning. I still need to go to Wild Birds and Things to restock my specialty bird foods.

I told you that I have already had a terrible problem with moles this year. Obviously I am not the only one as other people are complaining about them too. I went to the local nursery and asked if they had a product to help with this and they sold me a product called “Mole-Go”. It is a liquid that you attach to your hose and spray on the areas where the moles are running ridges. So I hooked up the hose yesterday and sprayed down all of the areas where we have had them. I asked if it was effective to use it this time of year and they said if the moles are moving, I can use it. So, I guess we wwill see if it is any good or not. I’ll let you know. I don’t know if it kills them or just sends them to the neighbor’s house.

Tomorrow is Sunday and a day to go and gather with fellow Christinas and share in worship. Today is the Sabbath for my Jewish friends. Regardless of your faith, I hope you will take time out and spend some time giving thanks to the creator and God of all there is. Do something nice for someone this weekend. Share a smile and share God’s love and blessings. It will brighten your day and theirs. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment