Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Another cold cloudy morning greets me as I come out to the sun porch. But the buffet is busy this morning and that is always a good thing. My main guests are starlings and finches with maybe four or five cardinals, a few goldfinches and junkos thrown in the mix. I haven’t seen my bluebirds in the past few days so I suppose they have moved on.  I never got around to filling the feeders yesterday and I see that “the favorite” feeders are empty but there is still a lot of food out there. The squirrrels have managed to take apart one of my more substantial feeders. It has a heavy metal screen in the bottom of it so that any water can get through.They have somehow figured out how to move that screening so that the bottom now allows all of the seed to just fall out. I will put a screw through that meshing and tighten it down. I sometimes think it is a battle of wits between me and the squirrelass and the squirrels are winning.

We are supposed to be getting freezing rain tonight along with maybe some snow. It isn’t supposed to be a lot but enough to mess up the morning commute. Hopefully it won’t amount to too much. We have Bible study in the morning and tomorrow is an office day. I know everybody will be glad to see spring get here. I have daily reminders that spring really isn’t that far off. My daffodils continue to push up through the ground and I can see the tiniest of beginnings of buds on the pussy willow tree outside the sun porch. Today the cardinals were actually gathering nesting material. I don’t know where they build their nests but the thought is exciting.

God’s creation just continues on and on without any help from us or maybe it would be more correct to say; “in spite of us”. Humans do enough damage the world God has created and we really need to get ahold of that concept and do something to turn our destructive ways around. Politicians can deny the existence of Global Warming all they want to. That doesn’t mean it isn’t happening because it might be expensive or inconvenient to them. I once read a number of how many animals, insects, birds, and plants go extinct every year because of the way we treat our environment. I don’t recall the number but it was staggering. What we seem to forget is that God put every living thing on this world for a reason and a purpose. Every time we destroy something, we are literally changing the ability for  the world to function as God designed it. We don’t have the right to do that. If God wants the world changed, God will change it through the process of natural selection. I pray God won’t decide that we are no longer required to make His world function properly. Something to think about today. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment