Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Fifty four degrees or not --- I love seeing the sunshine this morning. It has been a few days since we had that pleasure. Yesterday was dry and cool and today is supposed to be dry and sunny and a little warmer. It was very breezy and I'm hoping that it dried out the yard enough for me to mow because the grass is getting tall.

I had planned to fill the bird feeders yesterday and never did get around to it but I'll take care of that first thing this morning. Most of the sunflower feeders are empty and the birds are having to clean up under the feeders all of the stuff they have knocked to the ground. Don't you feel sorry them.  And I have to dump the water out of the bird baths. The rain certainly filled them but there are a lot of petals from the blooms on the poplar trees in them and the water is turning green. Although, it would appear the buffet guests don't mind all that much. They continue to bathe in it and drink from it. I guess they don't have the same health codes that we humans have.

So far this morning, the Grossbeaks have been here and the Bluebird has been here along with several cardinals and woodpeckers. There is a woodpecker up on my gutter right now pecking to get something and it sounds like a jackhammer. That is a great way to start off my day. I need to go to one of the pet food places or to Rural King and get some more suet cakes. I put my last four in last week and they are almost gone.

My azealias are about done blooming out here. Their season isn't very long but they are beautiful when they bloom. Now that they are done blooming, I can trim them back. But, as the azealias finish up their season, the peonies are coming into full bloom and so are the iris, and Ms. Kate has a lot of both. By he time they are done, it will be time for the lilies to start, and the knockout roses are already blooming. God just continues to provide a yard fu of blessings.

Today, the fellow that is going to paint our fence is coming over to clear the fence line of plants and stuff. I've already done a bunch of it but I'll be glad to have him do it. He's younger and thinner than I am.

We went to see our friend Georgia Ann yesterday and it was sad. She is just a shell of herself anymore and has little strength or will to live. I pray God won't let her linger much longer because she is living from morphine shot to morphine shot.

Time to have a bite of breakfast and then get busy doing some stuff before the day gets away from me. Take advantage of the day God has given you today and do something good for somebody just because you can. It will do you both good. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment